GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
22,233 Posts
Tell us how your search goes. I assume you are looking on ebay and auto salvage yards?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had to trade my 2011 base Volt in because the leaking AC compressor and a leaking evaporator core would have cost >$3,000 total and the car was only worth a bit more. I could have bought a new central ac unit for less..... One thing about EVs they don't really discuss is that many of the parts are extraordinarily costly. And you must have properly working ac for the volt to function. Can't omit without poss battery damage aside from perhaps very cold weather.

·
Administrator
22,233 Posts
I look at repairs differently. I don't focus on resale so much as utility. I'd like to get another 3 or 4 years out of my 2011. If someone gave me the car I have for free but it needed $3k for A/C repair I'd take it. I'd be paying $3k for the car, sure. I own my car, so the $3k is cheaper than buying a used car at today's prices.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Looking for a remanufacuted or reclaimed from a wreck. Prefereably Canadian supplier but not necessary. Part #19353337.
The Volt’s A/C compressor is covered by the Voltec warranty for 8 years/100,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts