1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Journeyman instrument tech by trade here:
( red seal)

Did 3900 KM road trip to Sask from Victoria BC. Obtained 5.2 L/100 KM on dash indicator. Trip meter. Charged every day. 7 Days driving straight. I was worried I would only get 35-40 MPG, this is more like 48 MPG which is above average on the forum:

Tips: 45 PSI in tires
Synthetic Oil
Charge up full every night
Check tire pressure daily COLD
Best Fuel MPG: Chevron 94
Worst Fuel MPG : UFA Regular
Tip: Go up hill in electric, switch to hold on way down, gain GREEN on regen, then switch to normal to LOCK in the gain, then quickly back to HOLD, so it will hold the gained regened KM's!

·
Registered
2011 Premium, Nav (added back-up camera! :)
480 Posts
Did 3900 KM road trip to Sask from Victoria BC. Obtained 5.2 L/100 KM on dash indicator. Trip meter. Charged every day. 7 Days driving straight. I was worried I would only get 35-40 MPG, this is more like 48 MPG which is above average on the forum:
Volt definitely shines when cruising on the highway. What was your typical speed? (I am assuming 100kph?)

Here was one of the few longer trips I have taken in the Volt, pretty similar result...

I made a 262 mile (41.7 electric and 220.3 gas) round trip to visit my daughter (~2,000' lower elevation over 120 miles) and was surprised to get 49.1 MPG on the way there, and 46.0 MPG overall for the roundtrip. (Edit- should have said gas only mpg, not combined with electric miles) I am pleasantly surprised! I was driving close to 65 MPH for about 110-115 of the miles each way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts