GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the transmission in my 2014 Volt a couple of months ago when I ran over a median strip in bad weather. Fortunately, it was covered by insurance. However, the dealer could not obtain a replacement transmission - they said GM simply didn't have any available. After a lot of haggling and delays, the insurance company finally provided a used part. This seemed okay until this weekend when the replacement transmission sprung a big leak and all propulsion stopped.

So now the car's back at the dealer. I would like to demand a new transmission but don't know if they're even obtainable. Anybody know about this? Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2014 Volt with 70,000 miles just stopped working last week. Seemed like it would turn on, but when you put in in gear it would not do anything. Turns out they had to replace the transmission. Fortunately it happened when I still had 3 days left in my powertrain warranty. Also went ahead and replace the 12-volt battery since it was 5 years old. DAMN, $400 to replace a 12V battery!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found the same battery at O'Reilly's for $199. The Service Mgr said "no way" he's never seen it that cheap. Chevy Dealer price = $314 + labor. I thought of countering, but decide I didn't want to screw with buying and installing myself.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
The original Volt battery retails at the local Delco distributor for $228.57. As for the transmissions, they're remans of course, but GM has them in stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts