GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thanks in advance for your help.
I have a 2014 ELR with 48k miles and all the updated software fixes that until recently has been running fine. Over the last 6mo to 1 yr it has started to switch back and forth from battery to hold mode with battery capacity anywhere from 3-6 miles. I generally don't drive more than 6 miles a day but the days that I do it will do this. I hear this is happening to more cars as they age. During the drive on battery as it drops to 3 miles it will intermittently switch between the modes. Now when its running on the ICE the hold mode will be greyed out. It will do this until the battery hits 0 miles. My feeling is there some voltage sag in the battery while being drained and it uses the ice to increase the voltage. I really love this car and don't want to trade it in. Is it worth while to take it to the dealership and have the battery tested? Is this an indication of a failing battery? I have 2 years left on the powertrain battery.

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 80k+ Miles
761 Posts
If you still have a battery warranty remaining, yes bring it in. I agree it sounds like a failing high voltage battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts