GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Volt and just recently got this message. The Volt seems to be running fine, it just doesn't charge when I plug it into the 240 volt charger or a regular wall outlet. We have an appointment for Monday. Hopefully its just the coolant pump like I read on some other posts. When I take the Volt out I put it in Mountain mode so it does charge the battery. I haven't seen any leaks on my garage floor, so I don't think coolant is leaking. I've had the Volt for 6 years now and have been very happy with it. The only annoying problems I've had are two incidences flat tires. The fix a flat canister thing did not work, so I had to call a tow truck both times. Replaced the factory tires with something else and haven't had any more problems. I get my Volt serviced at Larry Green Chevrolet in Cottonwood, Arizona. Anybody else?

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Do you recall what the lights on the top of the dash did and also the lights on the EVSE?

·
Registered
152 Posts
There is a pinned thread at the top of this forum. I would assume you are probably falling victim to the same thing as a lot of others (including myself). Sensor in reservoir most likely needs replaced and even with replacing it you need to have 2 modules reprogrammed to clear codes (will keep coming back even if you clear them with a generic scan tool). Is a fairly simple DIY, you just need to buy the sensor (or an override device), a programmer, and a subscription to ACDelco's service program. All will cost less than the dealer will charge, and the subscription is good for 2 years, so you can troubleshoot future problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a pinned thread at the top of this forum. I would assume you are probably falling victim to the same thing as a lot of others (including myself). Sensor in reservoir most likely needs replaced and even with replacing it you need to have 2 modules reprogrammed to clear codes (will keep coming back even if you clear them with a generic scan tool). Is a fairly simple DIY, you just need to buy the sensor (or an override device), a programmer, and a subscription to ACDelco's service program. All will cost less than the dealer will charge, and the subscription is good for 2 years, so you can troubleshoot future problems.
Wow! DIY? The last time I think I worked on a car was changing my oil on my 1976 Ford Granada! But thanks for the info. at least I now know more than I did yesterday about the car, so less likely I'll be taken advantage of. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
One stayed solid yellow and the other one didn't light up at all. What is the EVSE?
EVSE=electric vehicle supply equipment
The EVSE is the "charger". It's the unit that plugs into the wall and plugs into the side of the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check your battery coolant too, I recently had this error as well. Coolant was to about 50% full, dealer reprogrammed the ECU and topped it off free o charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts