GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this thread and wasn't sure where this fuse box is but my reverse camera on my 2014 is blank but the sensors work, the backup bulb is dead and the front drivers yellow bulb has been out for years so the fuse may not be relevant.

I did notice some surface rust on the top of the secondary bulb connector everything else looked fine.

Any simple tests current wise I got the basic tester or fuse wise or general suggestions or would that bit of corrosion on top likely be the root cause of the issue ?

I don't have any warning lights for the bulbs that are not working.

Automotive tire Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas Cable

Yes, passenger side fuse block. Fuse number 7, 7.5amp. Your backup light isn't work, no reverse camera, passenger side DRL is off.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cleaned it off more pretty sure it's just road gunk in that spot anyone know how to test current or anything else that would be simple to test.

Shoe Automotive tire Bumper Hood Wood

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had some time to tinker still not sure how to pull apart the connector but noticed the bulb socket may be missing bronze pins? Anyone got a comparison part just to verify?
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Tire Tread Wheel Wood

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting

Shoe Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So did some testing the Bulbs ( the old and new are showing a resistance in Oms of about 3 on the old and 3.5 ish on the new the voltage on the socket with no bulb car running in park was 14.6 and the resistance on the socket was around .01 which i would presume would be mostly normal.

·
Administrator
22,807 Posts
As far as the bronze contacts, I suspect none are missing, but does the bulb have pins that do not have a corresponding bronze contact?

When you plug in a new bulb, does it light?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as the bronze contacts, I suspect none are missing, but does the bulb have pins that do not have a corresponding bronze contact?

When you plug in a new bulb, does it light?
No light someone did have a picture and there's looked the same I think as they had the glass broken on the housing so it was easy to see.

The bulb lines up with 3 out of 4 of the wire runs but presuming there not all used or the person that snapped the picture has the same issue.

I did scan for codes today and there was no codes.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tableware Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
2015 Red Volt
2,121 Posts
When you measured the voltage at 14.6, did you measure across the socket or from the socket to chassis ground? Make double sure the ground side of the socket actually goes to ground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts