GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Chevy Volt is always on delayed charging. This evening, I plugged in the charger. The car charger light indicates delayed charging (blinking green light) which normal, but my Bosch Level 2 Charger indicates charging. The Bosch Charger should be "ready mode", not charging mode.

I have not made any changes to the car or charger recently.

I did a reset on the Bosch Charger and then went through the whole process again getting my car ready for charging later this evening, and the problem still occurs.

Any thoughts on why the Chevy Volt would be showing delayed charging, but the Charger is showing that is charging now?

·
Registered
526 Posts
See how long the Bosch charger stays in the 'charging' mode. As mention in another thread, the Volt can draw power to heat/cool the battery and a few other things even though it is not charging the main battery. My Clipper Creek LCS-20 EVSE will always show the green charging light on for a few minutes if I just open the driver's door and close it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred, thanks for your feedback.

I kept trying to go through the whole cycle from pulling into the driveway and doing the usual process to put the car into delayed charging. And it finally worked. Probably took about 3 more times. The Volt's charge light was blinking green and the Bosch charger was a steady green. Which is what I was/am looking for.

Before, when the issue was happening, I should have mentioned that the car would intermittently beep/honk every few minutes, like it was trying to send some kind of alert/message, but there were no vehicle messages showing on the dashboard. Once everything was fine, no more intermittent honks.

Is there a possibility to add the other thread that you mention above, to this thread? I had done some searching on the forum before posting, but it didn't get on my radar and could come in handy if this issue arises again.

Thanks again for your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts