GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2014 Volt 2 years ago.
The car has been superb. No problems whatsoever.
The mileage range has actually improved from around 38 when I bought it to roughly 48+ today.
However, after reading these forums for the past few months, it has me wondering if I should sell the car now while it’s in top shape. The issues that eventually can come up could render the car worthless especially since GM dealerships really don’t have the technicians to deal with issues.
I already have 2 other cars so I basically just use it for around town.
During the summer I don’t use it for 5 months and just unhook the battery.
Car has 85,000 miles.
Got an offer for $8k which is about what I paid 2 years ago.
Great car but just exploring my options at this point.
TIA

· Registered
331 Posts
The Human Condition: battles between the head and the heart. But a car is an inanimate object thus a matter of the head. You may love your Volt, but it cannot love you back. Time to upgrade, a new Prius Prime perhaps?

· Registered
971 Posts
Purchased a 2014 Volt 2 years ago.
The car has been superb. No problems whatsoever.
The mileage range has actually improved from around 38 when I bought it to roughly 48+ today.
However, after reading these forums for the past few months, it has me wondering if I should sell the car now while it’s in top shape. The issues that eventually can come up could render the car worthless especially since GM dealerships really don’t have the technicians to deal with issues.
I already have 2 other cars so I basically just use it for around town.
During the summer I don’t use it for 5 months and just unhook the battery.
Car has 85,000 miles.
Got an offer for $8k which is about what I paid 2 years ago.
Great car but just exploring my options at this point.
TIA
Yes since you don’t drive it much….Take the 8K…

· Registered
370 Posts
If I was offered what I paid for mine I would sign the papers so fast that I'd break my wrist!

I'm not sure what I'd buy to replace it (if anything if I had 2 other vehicles), but I'd sell it first and then figure that out later.

Reactions: jbakerjonathan

· Administrator
23,666 Posts
moved to "? Buying, Selling"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts