GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 2014 Volt to replace #277 (2011 Volt). In my old Volt, when playing from a USB drive, the menu had an eject choice to use when ejecting or disconnecting the USB drive. I failed to choose it once when disconnecting a drive and wound up with a messed up drive index. With the new Volt, the menu lacks an eject choice. I looked in the infotainment manual and didn't see any information on how to eject the USB drive. I haven't hooked up my ipod yet, but I didn't see any information about disconnecting it either.

What is the correct procedure to follow with the 2014 system?
Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 2013 and I just pull the USB out when I'm ready. No extra steps. There isn't an eject option. Haven't had any issues with the drive index.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
There was another thread about one week ago about pulling a flash drive while the radio is on. Apparently the system then duplicates the song titles in the index when the drive is reinserted. The result is that if you play an album or a folder each song plays twice. If I recall correctly, he solution posted by the OP of that thread is to insert a blank flash drive, select it, which clears the index, and then reinsert the drive with the music. You should be able to find the thread to get the exact procedure.

KNS

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'll look up that thread.

There was another thread about one week ago about pulling a flash drive while the radio is on. Apparently the system then duplicates the song titles in the index when the drive is reinserted. The result is that if you play an album or a folder each song plays twice. If I recall correctly, he solution posted by the OP of that thread is to insert a blank flash drive, select it, which clears the index, and then reinsert the drive with the music. You should be able to find the thread to get the exact procedure.

KNS

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The other thread suggested either inserting a blank flash drive as you suggest or renaming the initial drive to trick the Volt into reindexing. It also suggested turning off the radio before ejecting to avoid problems with song title duplicates.

Thanks again for calling the thread to my attention.

·
Registered
2013 Volt
477 Posts
i have a 2013. I have had index issues. Sometimes i will click on a song and a totally different song is played. When this happens i need to go to the "Config menu->radio settings" and there is an option to restart the radio....this solves the index issue until it happens again.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Why not just remove it when the Volt is powered off?

If more storage is needed, I use a 64 GB flash in my 2012 and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have removed mine multiple times to add songs with the power off and have had no problems

if power is off any usb can be removed with out issues...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cellphone Ringtones!

When I plug in my Samsung S3 to get a charge, my Ringtones begin to cycle through the audio playback.:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts