GM Volt Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
All I can say is I just had the same issues over 4 weeks with warranty coverage for the 240v harness between the charge port and the control module. GM would not cover it the dealer said even though on page 16 itt clearly said high voltage wires and 3 phase wires are covered with the voltec warranty. After the 2nd level advisor at GM clueless and basically told me to complain to BBB autoline I went back to my dealer and ask the director to assist. He put in a case to GM which was approved in less than 2 days. The dealer cut me a check 1 day after so that they could prove that they paid me back that I paid on my CC. Now the dealer said sometimes GM expects the dealer to pay some. I am unsure how they decide this but even then the Dealer said they would cover the difference. I wantted to reply this to my original thread in this forum but some either deleted it as far as I am concerned and it was a charge fault case as I found no other threads with harness references, just the charge port. BTW they changed my charge port and covered it without issue yet GM did not want to cover the wire that connects it to the control module even with the warranty book clearly showing coverage. One has to wonder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think there's a misunderstanding between the bpmv which is the brake pressure modulator valve, and the ebcm which is electronic brake control module. These are two separate components the BPMV controls brake fluid and the activation of pressure through the use of solenoids The EBCM is electronic portion that controls the solenoids and has no contact with brake fluid. One is a mechanical device that controls fluid through the use of on/off solenoid valves. The EBCM, controls these valves and determines operation through the use of various inputs to include wheel speed, steering wheel position, vehicle speed, brake pedal position and speed of brake pedal apply, you can see why EBCM
is essential to voltech operation, and bpmv is a mechanical component found in any car with anti-lock brakes. These components are not available as an assembly and they're only serviced individually despite what you may have been told I've been misled to believe otherwise. I am a GM volt certified master technician have been servicing volts since they were invented

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I think there's a misunderstanding between the bpmv which is the brake pressure modulator valve, and the ebcm which is electronic brake control module. These are two separate components the BPMV controls brake fluid and the activation of pressure through the use of solenoids The EBCM is electronic portion that controls the solenoids and has no contact with brake fluid. One is a mechanical device that controls fluid through the use of on/off solenoid valves. The EBCM, controls these valves and determines operation through the use of various inputs to include wheel speed, steering wheel position, vehicle speed, brake pedal position and speed of brake pedal apply, you can see why EBCM
is essential to voltech operation, and bpmv is a mechanical component found in any car with anti-lock brakes. These components are not available as an assembly and they're only serviced individually despite what you may have been told I've been misled to believe otherwise. I am a GM volt certified master technician have been servicing volts since they were invented
When you have electronic blended brakes, anything that has a possible effect on the rate of regeneration affects emissions.

Hence why they had to list the Brake Modulator. If it allows line pressure to replace regeneration (emergency default mode), the car will drive just fine. It will simply make more emissions per mile on an EPA loop than it is allowed to.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts