GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 with the push to open charge port door. The push pin is not working and I need to replace the pin. I can’t find what part this is. Seems like all I can find is the 2013 or earlier actuating pin, but I dont think that’s what I need. It looks like an easy swap if I could get the part name / number. If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
You might approach the Parts Department of a dealership with your question. There would be no obligation to buy the part. You might find that the cost is reasonable.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If I know GM, they won't sell you just the pin. They want to sell you a whole assembly.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
If I know GM, they won't sell you just the pin. They want to sell you a whole assembly.
That may be. The assembly may not have been designed to be repairable, for whatever engineering reason.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you are right. I need the entire assembly. They are telling me this is not a Voltec warranty item, which they said on the last item they replaced when it actually was. Anything I can find to show them if it really is under that warranty?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts