GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is water in the driver's door (2013). I can hear it sloshing around. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
There is water in the driver's door (2013). I can hear it sloshing around. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Open the door, get down, and look up at the bottom edge of the door. There should be a few holes or slots to allow the water to drain. These often get clogged up with dead leaves and such. Clean out these slots with a piece of stiff wire or something similar.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Open the door, get down, and look up at the bottom edge of the door. There should be a few holes or slots to allow the water to drain. These often get clogged up with dead leaves and such. Clean out these slots with a piece of stiff wire or something similar.
Plastic brush cutter cord or something that will not scratch the paint otherwise you will fix the water problem and create a rust problem. If it's really bad the door may have to be opened up and cleaned thoroughly.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
My 2011- and I suspect your 2013 - has black rubber baffles in the door bottoms. These are easily popped out if needed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Obviously check the door window seal. Sometimes little parts can get stuck in there so the seal does not stick to the window and water can get in

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I found those drain holes, released the little rubber flaps and probed the holes with a ball point pin. No results. Then about a day later I got out of the car, shut the door, and water started to pour out. It looked like it was raining out the bottom of the door. I'd estimate there were a couple of quarts of water in there at least. I'll dig deeper into to this. My concern is that all that water in there for that long caused some rust damage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would think that the door would have drain holes that were put in the door at the factory. All doors get water accumulation, but the factory drain holes allow the water to run out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts