GM Volt Forum banner

2013 Volt won't pass a smog test

9K views 65 replies 19 participants last post by  Steverino 
#1 ·
I had the charger receptacle replaced after waiting 2+ months for the part to come in but while waiting my tags became expired. Smog station said fail but I have no warning lights on . Took it back to the dealership and they said still no codes. So now what do I do?

#63 ·
I'd get a good scan tool that can read the readiness of the monitors.gm's aren't that simple of x miles / # of starts.took my truck from nov. to may to clear 2 modules.i had gm's procedure and did it multiply times and didn't work.I just kept looking till I got the ok and got my sticker.
it stinks big time.

#65 ·
Currently at the emissions test station for the third time. While waiting in line for the past hour I realized that even though I have the car in Hold mode to force the engine on for the test it actually only comes on intermittently as needed. Searched around the internet and found the hood needs to be popped to force the engine on for the test. Hopefully this will get me to pass today. Thought I would pass it on. It’s in the manual under hood!