GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I've been having this issue with my Onstar in my Chevy Volt 2013 for a month or so now.

• Sometimes the buttons on ceiling do not work/not lit up
  • Randomly it'll go berserk and activate/cancel several times in a row. (see attached video)
  • I unplugged fuse 9 for a few days. Put in new fuse and had no problems for a few days. Now its back
  • While unplugged, problem does not happen, but disables the mic for calls via bluetooth
  • Sometimes i repeats "Onstar 9.5* would you like to..." or brings up the voice activation menu.

I have a couple of questions since i've tried a couple of the tricks that i've seen on this forum and none work.

1. If I bought a used Onstar module from the same type of car and i dont plan on using it for nav, calls, etc. Would I still need to do some special programming? Since it seems like it's at the most 3 plugs and fairly simple to replace.
2. Is there a way to disable all the onstar service capabilities ?
3. Is there a way to allow the mic to work if fuse 9 is pulled or onstar module is removed?
4. Can i plug in newer/old onstar modules into my 2013 volt. I figure I'd add this as it doesn't hurt to upgrade the part if I have to change it.

I understand that the module has it's own hex/dec id for the built in cellular part that I dont plan on using

great community here. no other problems with my car and I plan on buying another volt soon!

I appreciate all the feedback.

VIDEO
voltshort

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I don't know how much the module is, but, I would go crazy trying to listen to music and have those interruptions! I would try to replace the module and go from there. I feel for you:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts