GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all long time hybrid owner, I started with the EV1, then Prius and this year after a failed attempt at a Nissan Leaf, I purchased my Chevy Volt, my volt has been great but I am having a couple of small issues, one is the USB power output, As my wife uses her phone on long trips and the USB doesn't seem to keep up with usage, I never had issues with this in the Prius. Can some one tell me if this is because volt is regulated differently? My second issue is the spare can any one tell me if a full size spare is available for the volt and will it fit in the under trunk storage area, my dealer did not have a lot of info at time of purchase.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi there,

I also have a 2013, I find that the USB power is sufficient for a slow charge, but that's it. It absolutely will not keep up with larger or more power hungry electronics such as a full size tablet. Get yourself a cigarette lighter-to-USB adapter.

Regarding the spare tire, there isn't any useful space below the rear cargo area because that is where the 12V battery, DC-to-DC converter and other electronic bits and bobs reside. Lucky for you, the lack of a spare has been thoroughly discussed HERE>> http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?48058-Volt-Spare-Tire-Guide

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've never had an issue with the USB recharging my iPhone 5s during long periods of time while using the phone heavily. My phone was being used heavily by the uber, lyft, sidecar , apple maps, waze apps. All use the GPS. My screen was constantly on too since i needs to see where the turns were coming. After a few months I stopped the ride sharing due to getting a job in my desired field.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've never had an issue with the USB recharging my iPhone 5s during long periods of time while using the phone heavily. My phone was being used heavily by the uber, lyft, sidecar , apple maps, waze apps. All use the GPS. My screen was constantly on too since i needs to see where the turns were coming. After a few months I stopped the ride sharing due to getting a job in my desired field.
I didn't think uber allowed volts? Too few seats?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts