GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Volt for over a year now and I can report the following:

1. I had one problem that required a significant Voltec warranty repair - battery coolant system developed a leak and had to be repaired. Zero dollars to me and a loaner Impala LTZ (nice)

2. I experienced the "click" - selling dealer tightened the front hub to spec and no further issues. I realize this may result in preliminary wear, but I'll roll the dice.

3. I had a charger issue (EVSE) early on...but it went away.

4. I've had the radio "freeze" a few times...but it resets. I'm convinced it's related to plugging in a phone to the USB at the "wrong time" in the startup process. Gotta give it a few seconds to get the computers going.

5. Everything else is great. It all works as it should. It's comfortable and quiet, my family fits, it's great on mid-range trips (long trips we take the Suburban...) and now for the best part:

....with essentially zero effort on my part (I don't hypermile or worry about using gas now and then)...

after 10,700 miles in a year, I've used 145 gallons of gas, giving an average of 74 mpg. I'm thrilled. That's including several trips that went well beyond battery range, a driver that likes to floor it with frequency, zero attention to "efficient driving", normal tire pressure (34-38 psi), typical use of HVAC, engine assisted heating in the winter, parking it outside in Chicago, etc. etc. Oh, and we've offset a fairly significant amount of miles on that aforementioned Suburban (which gets 14 mpg)!

I LOVE this car. I evangelize about it whenever possible and plan to keep it as long as possible.

Eric

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very Nice!

I also have 2 pre-owned Volts and on my Cyber Gray one I did notice the clicking sound but have not had it fixed quite yet. I think I will when I go in for the next maintenance for a tire rotation or something like that.

The radio freezing from time to time is an issue with the bluetooth/USB. There are times I have been able to back out without the camera coming on and been on my way. It is a slight annoyance, but not that bad.

I have driven over 10K miles on my Volt since December 28, 2015. I am on track to put another 10 - 15K this year on that car. There have been relatively no issues with the Volt other than the workplace does not have a place for me to charge. (Currently working on that dilemma)

Hope the car gives you many more years and miles of joy!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Now here's a Volt owner that get's it. We just need to find a way to introduce more folks to the joys of Volt ownership.

Happy Volting......

·
Registered
348 Posts
Glad to hear everything is working out well for you. I've had my volt for almost 2 weeks now, loving it every time I drive it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts