GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

From the Detroit News via AP:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130427/AUTO01/304270322/2013-Volt-unique-high-tech-drive?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

The author had some issues with her garage 120v outlet (certainly not the Volt's doing) and some of her statements are peculiar ("The engine became buzzy, the way many four cylinders do, only when it was pushed hard to accelerate..."--the ignorati might interpret this to mean the electric drive motor, eg) but, over-all, decent PR for the Volt, I think.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When we first bought our Volt in October, 2012, my wife found the car's level of technology intimidating. I told her she didn't have to know anything about the car, just put it in drive and go. As she became used to the car, I slowly threw out suggestions like "Try driving in Sport mode, and L instead of D.

I think the key to the Volt's success is to have journalists (such as this author) who are ignorant of the Volt drive it and like it--as a car. And the public to understand it as just a car--that you can drive primarily without using gas.

I had someone ask me how I liked the Volt yesterday (I live in the L.A. Area--land of the Prius). I simply replied "My wife loves it. She commutes 45 miles a day, and we haven't put gas in it since December. The only time we use gas is when we take the family on 800-mile road trips". His response "Wow! That's much better than my Prius!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts