GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is more of a general questions about service and monitoring success.

On a Friday morning, I went to drive my 2013 Volt to work and saw a warning to check the high voltage charging system, and the main battery wasn't charged. I wasn't able to get it to the dealer until the following Monday. They said they found a short and moisture in the charging port, replaced the charging port, and returned the car to me on that Thursday. When I picked it up, it was charged.

Before I took it to them, I could generally get to work with 20-22 miles left on the charge, and in the morning, the estimated distance was pretty much always at 38 miles. Since I've gotten it back (last Thursday), the range at most reads 34 miles, and getting to work leaves me with an estimated 17 miles left.

The only changes other than the port were to replace the radio antenna and the driver's side headlight bulb, and to perform an "injector cleaning" on the engine for $300 that i probably should have ignored. The bulb replacement was $120 (way too expensive), and the radio antenna replacement was $40.

Anyway, pricing aside, should I just run as normal and see if my estimated ranges go back to normal after a few weeks, or am I seeing some kind of damage to the capacity of the traction battery caused by being uncharged for possibly 4-6 days?

Looking to ease my fears. I'm a worrier.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I left my 2014 at the Ontario airport for 20 day with the traction battery totally discharged.
Over the following week it recovered to normal estimated range.
Relax and go for a drive:)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Looking to ease my fears. I'm a worrier.

Thanks.
Yes you are. :p It'll take a couple of full discharge to charge cycles to bring itself around but remember, the colder the weather (we're still going into winter) the lower the range so I wouldn't get to concerned until spring when it should be going back up. Remember they sit on dealers lots when new sometimes for months, not being charged.

As for extra service charges, I stay away from that, remember that's where they make their money to pay all those girls in the office. I stay away from them (the girls too). :p

It's the fast food equivalent "would you like fries with that?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts