GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
One can get one for that price new ... ( you have it listed as a base model )
As with any outright car sale I strongly recommend a trip to carmax, have them appraise it.

That will give a base line of what you should hope to get, in this area carmax actually pays more than what you get outright because everyone is broke and usually will only drive a pickup.

When you sell outright you normally can expect to get less than a car dealership, take a look at cars & autotrader and you will see what dealers sell cars similar to your for, some are obviously realistic, others are not. If you see the same add posted for over a month you can be guaranteed their price is likely not realistic.

Obviously you are free to ask any price you wish, but the likelyhood of a sale is usually small if priced above market.

Cheers
Ryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cars.com wouldn't let me list it as a non-base model.... Thank you for the advice! I will be taking a trip to carmax on Saturday :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Cars.com wouldn't let me list it as a non-base model.... Thank you for the advice! I will be taking a trip to carmax on Saturday :)
Don't know where in FL you're at, but I just bought my 13 in Feb from CarMax in Ft. Myers.... safety 1 & 2, Bose, Nav, leather with inserts, everything except the shiney wheels, 10K miles. They had it listed for 29K.

I got it for less, cause of an employee discount... (not me), but I don't think you'll get what you owe from there. Your price is in line with what they'd charge someone for your car.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in Orlando, Thank You MadCat, I thought my pricing wasn't too far off. I just want to get rid of it so I can get a Tesla ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
lawjds, your nuts to think that car is only worth 19k private party. At manheim auction those are going for 22k with 10k miles. One with 18k loaded sold for 21300, one with 5k miles loaed sold for 22.5k. That is auction price.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with the people placing it in the low 20's.
Depreciation is a (*#&$

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
...At manheim auction those are going for 22k with 10k miles... That is auction price.
When I traded in my PIP three months ago- for their final offer for the PIP the dealer showed me the printout from manheim auctions for comps value.
So there's Blue Book, Bays, Galves and now they're using manheim wholesale auctions for the minimum value in case they can't sell it retail.
It seems like a new low bar has been set for car values....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ya none of us should be using Manheim auction prices especially when some one puts there car up for sale private party. To get into a Manheim auction you need to be a dealer. I see so often here a guy puts up his car and some one comes back with manheim prices at like 6k under what he is asking. Duh thats how it works. If everyone sold at auction prices auction prices would need to be even lower.

·
Registered
686 Posts
+1 Auction prices are hard to find, a lot of the time. I'd take 20's as a pretty good indication of wholesale value. Spread several thousand above that, and you're looking at "Craigslist" pricing. A couple more = dealer ask.

There's no comparing off-lease, high miles cars, to a 2013 w/10k. To suggest a "1" belongs in front, tells me someone is looking to buy (cough, low-ball) a car for themselves.

If I ever get a Tesla, I'll miss the sportier driving position the Volt offers.

·
877 Posts
To be in 20's at wholesale the car would have to retail for around 24-25 which will bring you a new one for less with a tax credit. So why would anyone buy used over new?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Easy, when you buy new you have to either be able to finance about 38000k for a loaded volt after taxes. Then wait up to a year for a refund then do a refi. Not everyone can get approved that high and can afford the huge payment. I bought a used 13, paid less in taxes and was able to get approved at 1.99%.

Now if your a cash buyer then yes buying new and waiting on the return is no big deal.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Still does not make any sense to buy a used one for the same price of a new one
Not everybody qualifies for the 7500.

I might have gotten 1500 of it. That's a 5k markup on a new one.

Not to mention, that you have to finance the full price, wait for the refund, and refinance it once you get it.

all that time you're paying interest on the full amount, wasting money.

Sent from the bushes... Outside your bedroom window...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts