GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my daytime running lights are out on my volt. I have a 2013 Volt and I've changed the headlights before, but I don't see how to access the daytime running lights. Has anyone ever changed these before?

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ooops. My bad. I should've checked the video more thoroughly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's by GM design. Look around, any GM vehicle +5 years old has a DRL out on one side. Wait another year, the problem will go away entirely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What, I thought LED'S lasted forever. Yeah right! That being said I have a 2013 with 130,000 miles and both of mine still work. Yes I leave the lights on auto all the time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, my Volt's are both still working. Mileage is low, though. Only 53K.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You have to replace the whole headlight assembly it was 460 dollars for me about year ago. I have 2013 Volt
Was that just for the assembly or including installation? It sounds steep.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
One of my daytime running lights are out on my volt. I have a 2013 Volt and I've changed the headlights before, but I don't see how to access the daytime running lights. Has anyone ever changed these before?
The DRL is made up of 4 LED's on a circuit board. The chances of all 4 LED's burning out at the same time is slim. It's more likely power to the assembly has been interrupted at some point. Check the voltage on the wiring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The DRL is made up of 4 LED's on a circuit board. The chances of all 4 LED's burning out at the same time is slim. It's more likely power to the assembly has been interrupted at some point. Check the voltage on the wiring.
We have the same problem as the OP. What's the best way to check the voltage?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
We have the same problem as the OP. What's the best way to check the voltage?
Unplug the 8-pin plug from the headlight assembly. Check voltage and ground on the 5 pins used in the plug. Use the photos I uploaded above for reference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts