GM Volt Forum banner

2013 Unable to charge

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  tulipo 
#1 ·
Anybody able to offer some guidance on how to troubleshoot the connection between the charging port and the on-board charger?

My MY13 quit charging. It's not the EVSE, reset the 12V power source, still no luck. Port looks ok, no bent pins, the car has never spent a night outside the garage.
Error code p1ee6, which means the on-board charger is not seeing voltage. Any fuses between the port and the on-board charger?

#2 ·
I remember seeing photos of a charge port that had been broken open, and there were some fuses wired inside. They were never built to be replaceable.

#10 ·
Reaching out for any further advice how to proceed.
Dropped the bumper and was able to confirm continuity from the port to the OBCM. I get voltage at the onboard charger for a few seconds then it goes out. Any other ideas before I go looking for a new onboard charger and potentially throw some good money after bad?

#12 ·
I did. The resistance between the receptacle and the charger is 0.3 Ohm on both legs. Now, I tested for a short at the receptacle (X98), not at the charger (infinite resistance). With proven continuity, a lack of a short to ground at that level should cover the charger too.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to GMTIS, at least not in English.

#16 · (Edited)
Nobody I could see has talked about checking the coolant level in the battery pack coolant reservoir yet. Of course, apologies if I've missed it.

Edit: Ah, sorry I didn't see the bit about the code.

If the fluid level is too low, that'll stop the car from charging too. Been there, done that.

#19 ·
Just to update you, folks. I replaced the onboard charger with a used one off Ebay. $400+. I was afraid I was throwing good money after bad, but it worked out. My car is charging. I hope it lasts for the life of the vehicle as these parts will be ever more difficult to obtain.

#20 ·
Just to update you, folks. I replaced the onboard charger with a used one off Ebay. $400+.
Seems like a good price. I think new go for around $1200 or so?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.