GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, plenty of comments about Volt heat during this cold weather so I had to go ahead and give this a shot.

Full, maximum, all in, heat. Comfort mode, full fan, the works.

In 15 minutes I went from 20 degrees to where I had to quit, it was about to roast me out of the car!

Yes you can get warm in a Volt. No I didn't pay attention to how badly it hit my battery range.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It struggles a bit single digits F or less if ERDTT disabled. It will get warm enough, but range suffers dramatically. Gas will get the car much hotter and doesn't hurt the efficiency as much since it is waste heat anyway. I still like to use electric only for my short drive.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might try it again on "HOLD" mode today just for comparison.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I turn on minimal heat below 30F and none above. That is my curse for being born in Buffalo, NY.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Okay, plenty of comments about Volt heat during this cold weather so I had to go ahead and give this a shot.

Full, maximum, all in, heat. Comfort mode, full fan, the works.

In 15 minutes I went from 20 degrees to where I had to quit, it was about to roast me out of the car!

Yes you can get warm in a Volt. No I didn't pay attention to how badly it hit my battery range.
Comfort > range for most people :)

I have had zero issues with the heat since I bought my 2012 in November here in Michigan.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have two MY2013s and once the K10 heater module was replaced it pumps out heat just fine when you select the appropriate settings. However, today the wife called and said she was not getting any heat at all. Could be a fluke I guess or could be that darn heater module again.

·
Administrator
20,226 Posts
Most complaints about heat in the winter seem to be from those using Eco rather than Comfort. The Volt doesn't have a heat issue, instead it's a driver heat mode selection issue.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just for fun I tried it again while driving in HOLD mode.....whew! Don't need to repeat that experiment either...it works!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The space heater in the Volt is 6kW in comfort mode (2.5kW in eco mode), so that should make you plenty warm indeed. You'd lose about 21 miles of range if you run the sauna for an hour.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If I was going to run the heater for one hour, I would run my ice and save the battery for later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts