GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone accomplish this? Manual shows teo knobs per headrest but mine only has one to raise or lower the headrest.
What am I missing here? Volt advisor said I should take it to the dealer want to wait until I have other issues as well.
Thanks for any help,
John
Cyper gray 2013 and just love the car!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
On the rear seats there should be a button on each trim ring that goes around the two posts that hold the head restraint. You have to push both buttons at the same time then remove the restraint. If I remember correctly, the second button is kind of hidden, maybe flush mounted to the ring. It is not obvious that it is a button.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Right - very difficult to find the "2nd" button on the second ring - it almost takes 2 people to do this (3 hands total) - (seems like there is a joke here someplace, how many......) It must have taken me a hour of reading and looking before the wife and I figured it out - she found the 2nd button - I then pressed them both at the same time using 2 hands - while she pulled up the headrest! Good Luck!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks! I'll give this a try. I've just been putting up with the front seats far forward when I need the rear seats down for cargo!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You mean you can remove them??? That's good news. I haven't figured it out yet, but thanks to the above, I'll give it another try. So that way, if I remove the rear seat pads (get a firm grip, and pull upward hard), the rear backs fold down flat.

Without the headrests, it leaves space behind the rear seats. Next time I camp inside the Volt, I can stuff something behind the front seats and have a full-length bed!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The blade portion of the seat belt works quite well to push the "hidden" button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts