GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dealing with iPhone/radio issues since I got my 2013 in Sept. 2012. I worked with infotainment for over a month and the only solution was to get a 2014 or newer car :(

Basically when I pair the phone, and try to use Siri to play music, sometimes it works, sometimes the radio hangs, sometimes the phone hangs, etc. The phone will be playing but no music from the car. Sometimes it gets so bad the only solution is to power the car off and back on.

I tested a 2014 which has Siri Eyes Free for an hour at a dealership and it worked perfectly, but of course I cannot upgrade to that radio.

I'm pretty fed up that I cannot simply listen to music. I tried using USB but that has a wealth of different issues, and Siri messes it up again.

I think Siri screws up the Volt because the Volt thinks it is a phone call and switches the software stack quickly and wasn't tested for this. Siri Eyes free works entirely differently, never switching to phone mode and just working.

It's depressing that a car I paid $45,000 for 2.5 years ago is now worth $16,000 and I cannot even reliably nor safely use it with my phone.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have the same MY and drove mine off the lot in Sept. '12 as well.

My solution is to use USB cable and Bluetooth.
I don't keep any music in my iPhone or it will play the same damn song everytime the car starts up.
I always leave Pandora running on the phone and plug in USB cable with pandora running
I never use Siri on phone or Volt
So, it works great as long as I keep my needs basic.... Now I'm curious how the iPhone will handle all this while I'm wearing the apple watch...:-/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah none of those are acceptable to me. For this much money, basic functionality should work. I am looking forward to my Watch tho!

·
Registered
3,621 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've been dealing with iPhone/radio issues since I got my 2013 in Sept. 2012. I worked with infotainment for over a month and the only solution was to get a 2014 or newer car :(

Basically when I pair the phone, and try to use Siri to play music, sometimes it works, sometimes the radio hangs, sometimes the phone hangs, etc. The phone will be playing but no music from the car. Sometimes it gets so bad the only solution is to power the car off and back on.

I tested a 2014 which has Siri Eyes Free for an hour at a dealership and it worked perfectly, but of course I cannot upgrade to that radio.

I'm pretty fed up that I cannot simply listen to music. I tried using USB but that has a wealth of different issues, and Siri messes it up again.

I think Siri screws up the Volt because the Volt thinks it is a phone call and switches the software stack quickly and wasn't tested for this. Siri Eyes free works entirely differently, never switching to phone mode and just working.

It's depressing that a car I paid $45,000 for 2.5 years ago is now worth $16,000 and I cannot even reliably nor safely use it with my phone.
You've spent plenty of time and certainly invested into your vehicle. Have you thought of trying Android? DoubleTwist app lets you sync with iTunes library. While not a 'perfect' solution via your iPhone, it is an option for you perhaps (depending on where you are in your contract on your mobile phone).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts