GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would check the connector going into inverter for bad connection but if you replaced module sure someone would have looked
Hi superchrgamx, I did not replace the contactor to the inverter but I did open all plugs going in to the inverter to see if I see any kind of buildup or other foresight objects on them. They looked emasculate and I also did light sanding to them to remove any doubt in my mind. I was thinking of adding dielectric grease between them but they looked brand new and also I didn't want to add something that was not already applied by engineers.

Also checked the two fuses in one of the plugs to see if they were blown.

·
Registered
36 Posts
GOD WILLING Someone can provide me some ideas. Because I have been stuck for past 3 months. I have tried everything other than taking out the pack and replacing the whole pack or the contactor module infront of the pack where coolant/wires connect to the the battery)

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,242 Posts
for me it was the high voltage relay sticking on i do believe
outside temp related
i did manage to reset the codes with my code reader and drive the car to the dealer

·
Registered
36 Posts
for me it was the high voltage relay sticking on i do believe
outside temp related
i did manage to reset the codes with my code reader and drive the car to the dealer
thank you for your reply supchrgamx.
If possible pleasw can you share yoir dealer diagnostic paperwork/parts that were replaced?

thank you

·
Registered
57 Posts
Finally took my 2014 with P0AF8 in this past November. They did the proper diagnostic as indicated in the service manual, ie checking resistance at multiple connections. They got down to the step indicating to replace the hybrid battery assembly contactor. Just completed that repair last week. (They didn't keep the car the entire two months.) So far so good, but there's really no detectable difference. We'll see if the code returns. My P0AF8 was pretty intermittent. Like others, mostly throwing after random short EV drives.

Not cheap, about $2K total. $800 for the part. But way less than any kind of replacement vehicle currently, and if it gets me a few more years out of the Volt, I'm happy.

thank you for your reply supchrgamx.
If possible pleasw can you share yoir dealer diagnostic paperwork/parts that were replaced?

thank you

21 - 26 of 26 Posts