GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Thank I’m advance

We currently own an 2013 Chevyvolt and it turn off by it self and giving an “ not able to charge“

We look/ask around and it seen that the 12v battery was bad since is the original still , we replaced it thinking that will be the fix but still is giving us the same error “ not able to charge”

we took it to the dealer thinking it may need to be reset or code it but no
They tell us that the main battery is dead and will not charge and will be 11k to place to a new battery since our car hit the 125k miles the warranty expired for the battery

question we have for you

does any of you had the same issues ?

does anybody know if is places to replace the battery with at refurbished battery and where ?

does anybody can give us guidance?

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Reactions: Huskerdooo1

·
Registered
128 Posts

Huskerdooo1,

The entire battery is not bad, probably a few cells at most are "out of range" and BECM is shutting power off for safety. What are the codes your ECM is showing? (using a scanner of course) $11K is a "scare you to death" price to talk you into buying a new car. Most dealerships will use this tactic to generate new car sales. Fixing the battery is fairly straight forward but you need the proprietary tools and software with the skills to "marry" battery to controller. I'm sure there is someone on this forum that has found a more economical way to fix the problem, keep searching.........

Stephen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Huskerdooo1,

The entire battery is not bad, probably a few cells at most are "out of range" and BECM is shutting power off for safety. What are the codes your ECM is showing? (using a scanner of course) $11K is a "scare you to death" price to talk you into buying a new car. Most dealerships will use this tactic to generate new car sales. Fixing the battery is fairly straight forward but you need the proprietary tools and software with the skills to "marry" battery to controller. I'm sure there is someone on this forum that has found a more economical way to fix the problem, keep searching.........

Stephen
Not sure the codes
They just told me that the battery is dead and it needs replacing :-(

·
Registered
139 Posts
The main battery in a Volt just not "just go dead" like a starter battery or a AAA.
It is fixable as previously sated.
Dealers are the worst.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts