21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Yup. Test drove mine 7/24 and brought it home on 7/26.
How did you get them to drop $5500 of msrp on the 2015 . The best I could find here is $1600 off. Heck , the $2014's are hard to find at $4500 off . Does the 2015 include any rebates or subsidies ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually, I just purchased it this time. I got what I think was a great deal on my 2013 (2 years, 10k miles, first month's payment at signing (plus refundable security deposit and tags), $44,545 MSRP, $37,380 out-the-door cap cost, payments of $270/mo before DC sales tax ($302/month with tax; DC taxes monthly lease payments at 10%). Residual was pretty high ($33,408).

I was able to buy a 2015 with all the same packages (premium, safety 1&2, polished wheels, Bose/nav, MSRP $39,645) for $34,102 (plus $165 registration and fees and $300 dealer processing (which is typical here)). However, I will get the $7,500 federal tax rebate, lowering my net cost to $26,602. DC waives the excise tax for "high-mpg hybrids," saving me another $2,100, so my net compared to a non-"hybrid" is $24,502.
Well done. Definitely a good deal. Hard to find deals like that on 2014s in Houston, let alone 2015s.
Question: Are sales taxes included in your price (same as excise?), or was that extra (and how much)? In TX, as of June this year, we can benefit from a $2,500 electric car incentive/rebate.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Can you tell us about the new 4G OnStar a bit more? I know it has a Wifi hotspot. (Nice.) But what about the RemoteLink stuff? Did they fix it? Does is still take over a minute to check battery status? Or time out 80% of the time saying it cannot connect w the car? (Like the old system does.)

If you don't own a smart phone you can just go to www.myvolt.com and check it. It would really be nice to know if the RemoteLink features work any better with the new system in the 2015 Volt.

Please let us know if it works now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well done. Definitely a good deal. Hard to find deals like that on 2014s in Houston, let alone 2015s.
Question: Are sales taxes included in your price (same as excise?), or was that extra (and how much)? In TX, as of June this year, we can benefit from a $2,500 electric car incentive/rebate.
Thanks, Valere. My jurisdiction (Washington, D.C.) waives excise taxes on cars they consider to be "high MPG hybrids."

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How did you get them to drop $5500 of msrp on the 2015 . The best I could find here is $1600 off. Heck , the $2014's are hard to find at $4500 off . Does the 2015 include any rebates or subsidies ?
Received a $500 lease loyalty rebate. Basically, I had haggled long and hard with the same salesman two years ago when I leased my 2013. This time, I told him we were going to end up there anyway, so write me your best deal...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Can you tell us about the new 4G OnStar a bit more? I know it has a Wifi hotspot. (Nice.) But what about the RemoteLink stuff? Did they fix it? Does is still take over a minute to check battery status? Or time out 80% of the time saying it cannot connect w the car? (Like the old system does.)

If you don't own a smart phone you can just go to www.myvolt.com and check it. It would really be nice to know if the RemoteLink features work any better with the new system in the 2015 Volt.

Please let us know if it works now.
Fulgerite - I know this sounds odd, but I'm not really driving it yet - still have a couple of weeks on the lease of my 2013 and I'm putting the miles on that. I'll post when I've had some experience with it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Wow. You have gotten GREAT deals both times... Enjoy the 2015 and let us know about it. Going on several months of no sticking charge port door that the dealer fixed.

I agree a low priced option Volt would be nice as I want to see this platform continue on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow. You have gotten GREAT deals both times... Enjoy the 2015 and let us know about it. Going on several months of no sticking charge port door that the dealer fixed.
Thanks! My charge port door kept sticking and the dealer kept putting silicone grease on it. I whipped of the silicone grease and sprayed it with silicone spray. Haven't had a problem since.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts