GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2013 Volt, 50k miles in good condition.
Cruising along at highway speed on either battery or gas and suddenly both sides grey out and total loss of power.
Power steering and power brakes stay on until stopped then cut out.
Try to restart and "Initializing, wait to shift" screen comes on for about 10 sec then the greyed out screen again. If i wait long enough, it will occasionally restart and proceed normally.
If I disconnect the 12v battery and reconnect, it will restart but will stop again.
Code reader gives:
P0A45 (drive motor position sensor circuit) and
P0AC4 (hybrid power train control module)
12.8 volts detectable in the trunk, and under the hood.
Has anybody ever seen this condition and know of the solution?
Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses.
Forgot to mention, engine light comes on then self clears after several miles.

Mike: I get higher voltages when it is plugged in too. I believe the biggest draw is to start the engine which it did consistently fine when it ran after restarting from the fault.

Don: Coolant level, wow. Can you please direct me to the "sticky" you refer to. Newby user :) thanks.

Mr. Flash: Unfortunately the car has a salvage title which means zero warranty to me :( The car ran perfectly for the first 20k miles of my ownership so I'm thinking it is not related to that event. (frontal impact, no frame/suspension damage, no air bags deployed, crumple zones replaced only) But I could be wrong.

Mr Sop: When you say things like "take it in" or "new motor time" what I hear is "$$$$$$$$$$" haha.

This problem seems to fairly well documented on the internet, I just cant find what anybody did to fix it...what the root cause is. Does anybody out there have a contact that keeps an eye on this kind of stuff?
Might be worth mentioning that I work in an aerospace electronics shop, so cracking open a module and reflowing solder joints or replacing components is totally doable.

Any suggestions are super helpful. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts