GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Sent to GM in both countries, will be very interesting to see the responses.

Hi technical service issue:

Hybrid battery coolant maximum levels are DIFFERENT between Australia & USA.

GM USA No longer recommend filling the tank to max for a number of years, only to the mid seam and have issued SI document ID #2808008

GM Australia still advises to fill top maximum why?

EXACT Same battery system in both countries & similar climate conditions the cars can be operated in.

Please Forward to your technical department as I wish to have answers why recommendations are not matching, why has GM Australia not updated and advised dealers ?

I’ll also ask GM USA as to why the mismatch exists.

Regards,

Martin Tesar
View attachment Volt Hybrid Coolant level Aust vs USA.pdf

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I have the worst memory in the world, but....

I thought my (US) 2011 originally was filled to the mid seam only, and later was revised to fill nearly to the top, which coincided with other coolant system modifications, which were done at the same time as the battery reinforcement installation..

·
Administrator
20,018 Posts
I have the worst memory in the world, but....

I thought my (US) 2011 originally was filled to the mid seam only, and later was revised to fill nearly to the top
Correct. The level was raised/revised for all years 2011-2015 to the top of the black label (not quite to the top of the tank).

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all,
now we know.. the correct level.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Vauxhall in the UK do something different again.

There is no direct cross-over on ANY technical matters between the countries, they are separate companies and make their own separate technical decisions.

There are some issues I have flagged with Vauxhall in the UK that are done in the US and they respond saying that 'their' technical people review Chevrolet technical information and decide if it is to be applied to UK Ampera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts