GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing the window regulator on my 2013 Chevy Volt (passenger front side) and this was laying on the floor after dismantling the door. Can someone help identify where this goes? Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Looks like a rubber bumber. Possibly for the window to hit at the maximum opening. That's just a guess.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
Eliminating an adult toy from the list (yikes!), yes, a rubber bumper. Could be for the hatch, likely the lower corner.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
Before taking apart the door, check the hatch in case that bumpber has been floating around since before the window repair. 2 seconds to verify one way or the other.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Before taking apart the door, check the hatch in case that bumpber has been floating around since before the window repair. 2 seconds to verify one way or the other.
LOL, I am scratching my head over how I could have typed "bumber" when I was aiming at "bumper":rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just went out and checked and my Volt doesn't have any bumpers like that. The two on the rear hatch are a screw in style. My old F-150 had bumpers just like that, one on each door. Either the volt doesn't use them, or I'm missing all of them, lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You said it was on the floor after you took the panel off the inside? I might look at the driver’s side door to see if there’s an obvious spot for it. It could be from other areas on the passenger side as well ... like front dash, or passenger seat somewhere. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts