GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Chevy Volt- My climate control was giving me problems and recently seems to have lost connection? When I turn the car on I have no error messages and if I push the climate button or fan buttons the panel doesn’t react at all. Picture above is when I goto config home and open climate control- as you can see it’s just grayed out and nothing can be selected.

This was happening on and off a bit but I could generally restart the car, cross my fingers and it would generally come back online after a restart. However the last 2 weeks it’s just not coming back on... and I live in Texas, and well not having AC hasn’t been so fun.

Any recommendations how I can try to troubleshoot?

btw at the start of the issue I brought it to a dealership... they had the car a WHOLE WEEK as they did some other recall items as well as a full inspection etc... when I picked up the car I asked if the AC was fixed- they said it was working the whole time they had it... pulled the car up... AC wasn’t working... they then did a quick troubleshooting and just said they weren’t sure what the problem was as it seemed like it should be working. I had just returned my rental so couldnt leave the car longer.

Hoping this awesome forum may have some ideas. Many thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View attachment 172464 2013 Chevy Volt- My climate control was giving me problems and recently seems to have lost connection? When I turn the car on I have no error messages and if I push the climate button or fan buttons the panel doesn’t react at all. Picture above is when I goto config home and open climate control- as you can see it’s just grayed out and nothing can be selected.

This was happening on and off a bit but I could generally restart the car, cross my fingers and it would generally come back online after a restart. However the last 2 weeks it’s just not coming back on... and I live in Texas, and well not having AC hasn’t been so fun.

btw at the start of the issue I brought it to a dealership... they had the car a WHOLE WEEK as they did some other recall items as well as a full inspection etc... when I picked up the car I asked if the AC was fixed- they said it was working the whole time they had it... pulled the car up... AC wasn’t working... they then did a quick troubleshooting and just said they weren’t sure what the problem was as it seemed like it should be working. I had just returned my rental so couldnt leave the car longer.

View attachment 172464 2013 Chevy Volt- My climate control was giving me problems and recently seems to have lost connection? When I turn the car on I have no error messages and if I push the climate button or fan buttons the panel doesn’t react at all. Picture above is when I goto config home and open climate control- as you can see it’s just grayed out and nothing can be selected.

I’ve also read thru forums and tried the following:
  • tried shutting car off/on including walking away more than 100ft w fob, giving it time off, etc... power cycling doesn’t seem to help it anymore.
  • had autozone test my 12v battery- they said it was fine
  • removed f5 fuse, started car, shut off, replaced f5 fuse

... none of above have worked for me

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Time to ask a dealership. Unless you already know how to reflash a BCM and replace it if that doesn't work. You have completed all the easy solutions and they haven't helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts