GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Chevy Volt P1E00 code - car will not charge on 120v or 240v ( no other codes or message ) Car and Battery appear to be OK running on HOLD or Mountain Mode Keeps battery charged at 50%. Have ran the car for 3 Trips so far and still will not charge from AC port. Light goes yellow then OFF when plugged in.

P1E00- Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 Requested MIL Illumination. No other information

·
Super Moderator
6,333 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Could be battery coolant level is low or sensor has failed. Pretty common back in the early days, and when early Volts were having the sensor installed. Early 2011 and 2012 Volts were built without a coolant level sensor. After dealership retrofit many experienced this fault and much speculation centered around the possibility of the coolant system “burping” and momentary uncovering the sensor. At that point no charging could occur other than in mountain mode.

·
Registered
307 Posts
You need to get a scan tool that can read codes in the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 (HPCM2). The p1e00 is only a code that sets in the engine control module. This code is used to turn on the check engine light and guide the tech to check the HPCM2 for codes. The p1e00 will only set if there is a code set in the HPCM2.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
What code was thrown with the microcracks in the Volt EVSE receptacle?

Usually that happened after exposure to rain or car wash.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try using Torque Pro with a Bluetooth or Wifi OBD2 scanner for the "Other" code that is causing P1E00 to set. P1E00 is a generic code

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know I'm a bit late here, but I recently fixed an issue that might be related. I read the same P1E00 error code with Torque from my 2013 Ampera when my car would not charge and tripped every breaker I connected the car to. Not only did the charging stations go dark, but whatever source the power station was connected to also went out of service. This indicated to me some sort of ground fault. The shifter would not release, and if I forced it out of park by pulling the solenoid inside the dashboard (right side of shifter), the car would turn on the handbrake by itself. When I got the car to move, any time I drove below 3 mph the car would turn on the parking brake again. Pretty dangerous on ice, so I had to remove the fuse from the handbrake (it's in the left fuse box in the trunk).

The garage at my dealer quoted me something like $3000 to replace the on-board charger in the car. I could not take that cost, so I drove the car like a Prius for a few months before I got the idea to check for shorts in the charge port. Turns out electricity would run from the right high voltage pin to ground. I disconnected the high voltage system, removed the receptacle assembly and tested it again when disconnected. Power still flowed from high voltage pin to ground. Although the car was dry, some water seemed to spill out from the thing. I discovered through this forum the receptacle was redesigned around 2014 because of this exact issue and bought a new receptacle for about $150.

Problem solved!

·
Registered
17 Posts
2013 Chevy Volt P1E00 code - car will not charge on 120v or 240v ( no other codes or message ) Car and Battery appear to be OK running on HOLD or Mountain Mode Keeps battery charged at 50%. Have ran the car for 3 Trips so far and still will not charge from AC port. Light goes yellow then OFF when plugged in.

P1E00- Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 Requested MIL Illumination. No other information
Have you been able to fix this and get charging working again? I seem to have the same problem. Car would not charge, keep getting a yellow charge indicator on the dash.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know I'm a bit late here, but I recently fixed an issue that might be related. I read the same P1E00 error code with Torque from my 2013 Ampera when my car would not charge and tripped every breaker I connected the car to. Not only did the charging stations go dark, but whatever source the power station was connected to also went out of service. This indicated to me some sort of ground fault. The shifter would not release, and if I forced it out of park by pulling the solenoid inside the dashboard (right side of shifter), the car would turn on the handbrake by itself. When I got the car to move, any time I drove below 3 mph the car would turn on the parking brake again. Pretty dangerous on ice, so I had to remove the fuse from the handbrake (it's in the left fuse box in the trunk).

The garage at my dealer quoted me something like $3000 to replace the on-board charger in the car. I could not take that cost, so I drove the car like a Prius for a few months before I got the idea to check for shorts in the charge port. Turns out electricity would run from the right high voltage pin to ground. I disconnected the high voltage system, removed the receptacle assembly and tested it again when disconnected. Power still flowed from high voltage pin to ground. Although the car was dry, some water seemed to spill out from the thing. I discovered through this forum the receptacle was redesigned around 2014 because of this exact issue and bought a new receptacle for about $150.

Problem solved!
What are you refering to as "the receptacle"?

·
Super Moderator
6,333 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts