1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
I really am excited about Tesla and their cars, if the Cadilac ELR can be had for about $55K fully decked out I'll most likely go that route, but if it start approching $60K+ and Tesla starts installing it's Supercharges linking mid-western cities like St Louis to Chicago, Memphis, Dallas, Kansas City than I may just hold off a year or so and look at a Tesla Model S with the 60kWh battery.

But I agree, EV cars if they are going to go mainstream needs a spokesperson like Steve Job's to get folks to pay a preimum for a product that could be bought cheaper but not for it's slick design. As with Apple it was their "eco system" that hooked you and keeps you in the family, the same will hold true for Tesla with their "free" SuperCharger stations.

That was a good read on the state of Tesla cars.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
This is good news. Its a slap in the face to some of the naysayers.

On the other hand there are still plenty of naysayers of the Volt despite its many awards and recognitions.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Every day I hope to hear of increases in production and removal of bottlenecks so the nays get quieter. Tesla's an extremely important company. Forget that they're a luxury manufacturer: Musk thinks big and success for Tesla will set benchmarks that will pull other companies along.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Managing the ramp up in production and deliveries is their biggest hurdle right now. It is getting better slowly, but needs to ramp up quickly before the end of the year.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd say a bigger hurdle will be getting the Supercharger stations in enough places to provide all this "free for life" driving (which must have come out of the mind of someone who writes slogans for super pacs since it is so misleading).

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
The Cadillac ELR will be the 2014 Car of the YEAR!

I congratulates Tesla Motors for getting this award for 2013, but for 2014 we all know which new vehicle will win this award: the Cadillac ELR!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I'd say a bigger hurdle will be getting the Supercharger stations in enough places to provide all this "free for life" driving (which must have come out of the mind of someone who writes slogans for super pacs since it is so misleading).
I disagree. Personally I doubt I will ever use a supercharger station. Sure, some people will 'need' them, but I think that is a minority. Getting that production up is critical to their business plan, the superchargers are not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts