GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abound 10 days ago, I took my 2013 Chevy Volt on a road trip ending at a family cabin location many miles from a city. After plugging in a Level 1 charger, I went in for the night. The next morning I went out to find all 4 windows down. Now I was pretty darn sure I didn't put them or better yet leave them down as I virtually never roll one let alone all 4 down, but with no logical explanation, I just moved on. Now yesterday back at work, I went out to go home and once again all 4 windows were down again. Now if I drank or did some kind of whatever I might be able to justify what happened, but this is just weird and haven't heard anyone else have this situation.

·
Registered
2015 Red Volt
2,135 Posts
It's very simple. Holding the unlock button on the remote fob for 3-4 seconds rolls down all the windows. It's a useful feature for airing out the car when sitting in the hot sun. Somehow you pushed that button or it pushed against something in your pocket.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Yep, it's a "feature" that can only be turned off at the dealer. Gen 2 cars could disable it in the menus.

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Volt Premier
55 Posts
Yeah, I "discovered" that feature on my 2013 one morning when I went outside after a rain and all 4 windows were down. Took a few hours to dry out the carpet and mats, could have been much worse.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's one way it can happen. I had a bout of that happening overnight, while on a road trip, many miles from home. I thought I had inadvertently held down the button on the key fob, but it was weird because the windows weren't down when I went to bed. Leaving the key fob sitting on a table overnight, the windows were still down, the next day.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's one way it can happen. I had a bout of that happening overnight, while on a road trip, many miles from home. I thought I had inadvertently held down the button on the key fob, but it was weird because the windows weren't down when I went to bed. Leaving the key fob sitting on a table overnight, the windows were still down, the next day.
The 12v battery might be getting weak.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I bought an extra fob as backup a few years ago. I thought it was OEM, but later realized it was probably 3rd party (ebay, ugh). It paired ok with my other fobs, but then several times it did what you said... it was just sitting in my cupboard and overnight it would roll down my windows. Took me a few days to figure out, because I wasn't touching it, but I realized that was the only change so it had to be it. I took the battery out of that fob only, and the problem stopped. So a janky fob can evidently do this on its own sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts