GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there are any updates for the 2012 Volt with Bose audio to stream stereo Bluetooth?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
None that I am aware of in my 3 years of 2012 Volt ownership. Your best bet may be something like the link below (note: I have not ever tried these). I think you plug it into the 1/8" jack (in the console if I remember right) and it acts as a bluetooth receiver. You then stream from your phone to it, and it sends to the radio via the 1/8" jack. Of course you won't get album art or any of that kind of stuff. Read the reviews though as they aren't perfect...still, may be better than nothing and relatively cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Streambot-Bluetooth-Receiver-Streaming/dp/B00MJMV0GU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462642375&sr=8-2&keywords=bluetooth+adapter

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm assuming that this would prevent the car from being able to handle bluetooth calls through the infotainment correct? You would be able to get audio through the speakers on a call, but you would be using your phone to answer and for the mic right?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2013 and the Bluetooth streaming sucks. It doesn't connect reliably, and when it is working the audio quality is poor. The USB iPhone connection sucks too; it takes forever to perform some sync tasks when I plug my phone in before I can use it.

I am trying to figure out an alternate solution. My current plan is to lobotomize an Apple iPhone dock so I can use one cable for charging and audio, to feed the aux input.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I have a 2013 and the Bluetooth streaming sucks. It doesn't connect reliably, and when it is working the audio quality is poor. The USB iPhone connection sucks too; it takes forever to perform some sync tasks when I plug my phone in before I can use it.

I am trying to figure out an alternate solution. My current plan is to lobotomize an Apple iPhone dock so I can use one cable for charging and audio, to feed the aux input.
I've got a 12v power doohicky that has three USB outlets on it. One feeds the iPod. The iPod feeds the AUX from the headphone jack. I'm happy because the podcasts play in the right (chronological) order now, and quit when they reach the end of the last one, instead of starting alllllll over again. That SoundCheck works, crossfade works, and I can use the on the fly Genius playlists again is just gravy for me. Plus, I'm all set for when the iPod gets upgraded, since iPod Touch doesn't seem to be supported on a 2012. USB thumb drive can live in the USB port too.

And it's a lot easier to remember to bring the thing with me when I leave the car if I have to remember to pause it "manually" anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts