GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone,

Just a quick introduction: my Volt is originally from Indiana. I drove to my sister's in Jamestown, NY for the night and then straight to VT. Now that I am using mountain regen on a regular basis due to all of the hills we have, and it is fantastic! My favorite part of the trip was getting 93 Ethanol-Free in Central NY and adding a little seafoam, what a blast!

Regards,
Oliver aka Ollie

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Is there a specific reason why your adding anything to the fuel to begin with? Most top tier gasoline already has cleansing and top end lubricants as part of the blend. Any additives shouldn't be necessary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please tell me where to post future items like this if this isn't the proper place, so here goes... I found a .1ohm shunt, just grind the rubber off of the emergency disconnect and attach a meter!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I'll figure this out... eventually

My posts are going to be hard-core electronic/electrical/mechanical knowledge only, they are not for everyone. However, if you are interested in designing your own electronic systems I'd like to meet you. I've been a systems engineer for nearly 20 years, and have built/converted 3 electric cars, so I know a little about how things work. I've already found a 1mV shunt "easter egg" from the Volt engineers, cheers! I've only had the car for a couple of weeks and so far it is exactly everything I imagined it was going to be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reply #8: I'm not sure if I've helped a few people, but so that much closer to getting 10 posts!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reply #9: I was helped by a nice guy in Central VT the other day. He used to work for the local dealership. Unfortunately we hooked the 12v battery up backwards and blew 7 fuses.

·
Registered
247 Posts
what happened to all the other posts in this thread?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts