GM Volt Forum banner

2012 Volt fin antenna?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tbodine88 
#1 ·
I recently saw where a fin was added in place of the original 2012 antenna loved its look. I use a care cover which concerns are possible damage to antenna with the cover.
Anyone experienced similar occasion?

#5 ·
I do.
I cut a hole for the antenna.
My concern was to keep rain off the wind shield wiper valley where the cracked weld is.
I just got the
Custom Car Cover Fits: [Chevy Volt] 2011-2017 Waterproof All-Weather
for Walmart. It came with an antenna patch kit, but I didnt use it since it is round and the antenna base is not.

I agree with you that the antenna area can get wet with out harm (so long as the water doesn't make its way to the wind shield.)

Plus I cant afford shelter for my car. My garage is full of crap and deed restrictions prevent car ports,

#4 ·
Hole would probably be the right idea. It's a car, you're not trying to protect it from wet.

(Don't protect cars from wet with covers. You're just trapping moisture UNDER the cover, promoting corrosion and mold. Get it sheltered first, then cover for windblown sand and grit if needed.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.