GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased this vehicle as it was approaching 100,000 miles. Love every thing about this vehicle. We may be the optimal user: 30-40 miles per day use, South Florida (no hills, no need for heat), love listening to music (this is the best ever). Regarding the fan. Stopped working. Asked a fellow Volt user and told to remove the cover under the glove box and see if water discharge is blocked. Couldn't find the water discharge but gave the motor a bang with my fist and the blower began working. Left the cover off and the blower has stopped working 6 or 7 times in the last couple of months. All I do is bang under glove box area (while driving) and within a few seconds the fan starts working again. I am thinking it is either a problem with the fan motor, sensors, connectors or unknown factors. I notice that Rock Auto has fan motor in the $70 range and replacement cannot be too hard, especially if you able to work lying on your back on the floor. Any ideas would be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I mentioned in another thread, this is a common problem with DC motors. I would definitely replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts