GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking a buying a used Volt, seems like a 2012 Volt would be the best bet. I was wondering if there is any VIN number magic that could tell me if the Volt comes with the MYLink radio? From what I've read only some of them came with that radio.

·
Registered
335 Posts
More importantly, how can I tell if a late 2012 Volt has the 2013 battery specs? I have an early 2012, and when my lease is up in August I might want to buy a late 2012 to get a few extra miles of range. I won't be buying my current Volt because the residual is $29,000+.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
More importantly, how can I tell if a late 2012 Volt has the 2013 battery specs? I have an early 2012, and when my lease is up in August I might want to buy a late 2012 to get a few extra miles of range. I won't be buying my current Volt because the residual is $29,000+.
Look for a 2012 produced in early June of 2012 before they shut the plant down for the summer break... No guarantees though.

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looking a buying a used Volt, seems like a 2012 Volt would be the best bet. I was wondering if there is any VIN number magic that could tell me if the Volt comes with the MYLink radio? From what I've read only some of them came with that radio.
Originally the MyLink systems were set to be available on select 2012 model year vehicles before the end of 2011, however that was pushed back until Spring 2012 (March specifically). You can use the TIS2WEB along with the VIN to check for myLink by knowing the radio Part Number and CVN as well. NOTE: In MY 2012, MyLink was an OPTION, so do not count on the mfg. build date. ONLY use the radio part number code to ascertain if it was equipped with MyLink (or physically take out the radio and check). Also... in 2012 Nav and MyLink were mutually exclusive. So ANY 2012 with Nav CANNOT have the MyLink radio.

I believe that the VIN number would have to end in 26xxx and a mfg. date of sometime around very late July or Aug. 2012. I've also read/understand that the larger capacity battery and range were designated to Canada for 2012 and not the US (but I am totally without any basis for that other than heresay).

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
The 2012s had the great 30 GB hard drive for music. Hard to beat the joy of popping in any CD and voila - instant MP3 permanently stored.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts