GM Volt Forum banner

2012 suddenly not able to record CDs to hard drive

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mikethebike 
#1 · (Edited)
So I successfully recorded a few of my CDs, but now whenever I try (with multiple CDs, some that worked before, too) it seems like it's recording, but extremely quickly, and then the resultant files won't play. Has anyone seen this issue before and/or can anyone recommend anything to try to fix this issue?

Clip art Headgear

See less See more
#2 ·
CDs.. How quaint.

Sounds like the HDD is going bad or full or fragmented.

#3 ·
Dumb Question of the Day: I can figure out if I have it, but can you explain (or lead me to the font of existing expository writing here on the forum) that explains the feature you are describing above?

I bought my 2012 used. It had the original window sticker in the glove compartment. On it was a $100 option for something like "My GM Music" or who knows what it was called. But it implied something like downloaded music storage.

Obviously, I have no idea what it is. But am wondering if what you mention and what I have (but do not use) are the same thing.

Thank you.

#4 ·
Unless you have one of the few 2012 Volts that came with Mylink, if you have the NAV option, you also have the HDD and ability to rip CDs.

#5 ·
Did you get any software updates since you last successfully did it?
IIRC GM got sued in some copyright BS and they stopped offering this feature
I wouldn't be surprised if they 'accidentally' broke something in a future software update...

#8 ·
I have yet to actually use the entertainment system! Do you have to have the nav to have that capability? Can I blue-tooth an I-Pod or Garmin to the system?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.