GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello everyone,

I hope you've all been well. I read through this thread and wanted to comment with confirmation that the POAA6 code and resulting concern is covered within the Voltec warranty period of 8yr/100k miles.

If anybody has specific questions/concerns in this regard, or would like for me to discuss this concern with their involved dealership, please email me at [email protected].

Best Wishes,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you for the info, Amber :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
It must be going around. My 2012 got the same error message this morning. Arranging dealer visit now.
Update: I purchased the OBDII reader last week and found that my car had the P1E00 code. Cleared the code to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't. Took the car in yesterday. They found the same code but couldn't find any actual problem. They "reprogrammed the module" reset the code and then the car started charging fine. I had to pick up the car after hours so didn't get any other details than that, and it charged fine overnight so appears to be ok. This was all taken care of as warranty work on my 2012 with ~78k miles.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Update: I purchased the OBDII reader last week and found that my car had the P1E00 code. Cleared the code to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't. Took the car in yesterday. They found the same code but couldn't find any actual problem. They "reprogrammed the module" reset the code and then the car started charging fine. I had to pick up the car after hours so didn't get any other details than that, and it charged fine overnight so appears to be ok. This was all taken care of as warranty work on my 2012 with ~78k miles.

The problem will recur, likely soon, when the bad sensor again gives a false reading. At the very least they need to change the sensor. Though WOTs sensor is a better long-term option.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am the only Volt/Bolt tech here at our dealership and have programmed many of the Gen 1 Volts for this concern. The program is covered under the Voltec warranty. That dealership needs to look up the labor operation codes, there is a coverage code V after the labor op. Code V is for the Voltec warranty.

Coverage Code V

Chevrolet Volt Battery Components

8 years/100,00 miles

8 years/160,000 km

Battery Energy Control Module LABOR CODE: 2810945 WARRANTY CODE: Coverage Code: V

Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 LABOR CODE: 2810265 WARRANTY CODE: Coverage Code: V
I know, digging up an old thread here but I had same issue as the OP and mpmoore1979's info saved me $140.

I got the "Service High Voltage Charging System" message and a code pull revealed P1E00, P0AA6, and P1FFF. I needed to get the HPCM2 recall done so the car was going to the dealer anyway. The service writer said it would cost me $140 for the diagnostic but the reprogramming of the BECM would be no charge. I very politely said that I didn't mind paying for it but please consider this info I've got that may enable a payment from GM. He did a little research and voila, it's covered by the 8 year / 100K mile warranty! He said he was not even aware of it.

So, thanks mpmoore1979!

View attachment Volt Recall Service Paperwork Cropped.pdf

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Thanks for pulling this back up. I am in the exact same situation as you were and am taking it in soon. I'll bring this reference. I've noticed a number of members have been denied coverage for this in the past.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I know, digging up an old thread here but I had same issue as the OP and mpmoore1979's info saved me $140.

I got the "Service High Voltage Charging System" message and a code pull revealed P1E00, P0AA6, and P1FFF. I needed to get the HPCM2 recall done so the car was going to the dealer anyway. The service writer said it would cost me $140 for the diagnostic but the reprogramming of the BECM would be no charge. I very politely said that I didn't mind paying for it but please consider this info I've got that may enable a payment from GM. He did a little research and voila, it's covered by the 8 year / 100K mile warranty! He said he was not even aware of it.

So, thanks mpmoore1979!

View attachment 159055
Very similar thing just happened with me. I had the same error. I informed them it should be covered by the Voltec warranty. They said they would check. Later they called and insisted it was not covered (unsurprising). Then I asked him for the labor code and the name of the module they updated. I told him I was going to use that to follow up with GM, because I'm confident it is covered. He called back later with a whole new story. "So sorry... the technician entered the wrong labor code... our mistake... so sorry.. it is now covered...."

Yeah, right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had the exact same thing happen to me. Dealer tried to charge me to fix the HPCM2 and BECM for the charging issue when 1. Is covered by the Voltec Warranty and 2. Is (to my knowledge) fixed by the update in a known recall.

When people wonder why they killed the Volt. I really believe it is because dealers don't know and don't care to know how to service these cars.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
<sbip>
When people wonder why they killed the Volt. I really believe it is because dealers don't know and don't care to know how to service these cars.
That plus a TOTAL LACK of advertising effort compared to that done for the GM truck line. If trucks are so popular, why spend advertising money on them? They sell themselves...right?...right???

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I wonder if dealerships sometimes charge customers for warranty work and also get paid by Chevrolet through the warranty claim process for the same work, thus getting double paid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "mpmoore1979, publicación: 4146769, miembro: 99010"]
Soy el único técnico de Volt / Bolt aquí en nuestro concesionario y he programado muchos de los Voltios Gen 1 para esta preocupación. El programa está cubierto por la garantía Voltec. Ese concesionario necesita buscar los códigos de operación laboral, hay un código de cobertura V después de la operación laboral. El código V es para la garantía Voltec.

Código de cobertura V

Chevrolet Volt Componentes de la batería

8 años / 100,00 millas

8 años / 160.000 km

Módulo de control de energía de la batería CÓDIGO LABORAL: 2810945 CÓDIGO DE GARANTÍA: Código de cobertura: V

Módulo de control híbrido del tren motriz 2 CÓDIGO LABORAL: 2810265 CÓDIGO DE GARANTÍA: Código de cobertura: V
[/CITAR]
Hola buen día me encuentro en México tengo un volt 2012 americano y me salen estos fallos en el GDS POAFA U183E U0140 mí vehículo ya cuenta con 220648 km que debo hacer el vehículo solo cuenta con 3 modos de manejo normal sport y montaña el coche está completamente parado no hace nada

·
Registered
516 Posts
I had the same issue recently, took my Volt to the local Chevrolet dealer (ValMark Chevrolet in New Braunfels, TX). They performed the BECM update (the HPCM2 had already been updated previously) and correctly stated that this was covered by the Voltec warranty. This was my first experience with this dealer (we moved here this year) and I have a positive impression of them so far.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts