GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally decided that I want the light leather of either the 2012 or 2013, defiantly with the Bose speaker system, and I want to make sure I get the MyLink or NAV with the 2012 for the Bluetooth a2dp connectivity for my phone.

Anyone have any thoughts, tips? I've been looking hard for 2012's but its kinda a pain to search more than the local dealers using the chevrolet.com search engine. Autotrader.com and cars.com have search tools but parsing for Beige Leather doesn't work too well when sometimes dealers don't list it.

Other than that, I think the other options are nice, but I really don't desire them.

2013's has the Suede insert seats with the beige which I don't think I'm that impressed with (vs the 2012 full leather) but I haven't seen them side by side.

Any other considerations 2012 v 13 ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have the Pebble Beige leather on my 2013 Summit White Volt. So far, so good. I like the lighter interior because it makes the inside look larger and roomier, and it's cooler in the hot summer temperatures.

·
Registered
878 Posts
EVERYONE who sees KV, my 2013 silver-topaz w/ pebble-beige leather raves about both the interior and exterior. stylish, luxurious. can't comment about how easy it stays clean....but it's worth finding out:)

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
The 2013 MY will give you a slightly better battery, slightly more range, and Hold Mode. I think the black roofs are nicer looking, but that's a personal point of view.

You'll have to decide how much the 2013 MY improvements are worth. Generally I's say they are worth something and, unless you're leasing, the MY 2013 will have a higher resale value.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
In case you don't know, only the latter 2012's were available with the optional mytouch; probably pretty rare. 2012 Nav doesn't have/support AD2P, you have to have the additional mytouch option. Note: there are aftermarket, reasonably low cost workarounds for streaming if you find a killer deal on a 2012 you don't want to pass up.

Since I had AD2P on a few previous cars/radios, I thought this was going to be an issue with me and my '12 Nav/bose but it hasn't. It makes even XM sound great so I rarely want to listen to Pandora, etc. but when I do, which is usually on longer drives, I just plug in the phone, use the aux input and charge the phone too. YMMV

·
Registered
36 Posts
I noticed the light leather is a slightly different color between the 2012 and 2013 models. More buckskin look in the 2012. Just personal preference I guess. Also, in case you lease, my dealer told me that Ally was only interested in giving the sweet deals on the 2013's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has been done!

Got myself a 2013, Black with Beige Leather! It was hard to get any work done today, it was like show in tell all day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts