GM Volt Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,422 Posts
I bought a used 2013 Volt and have been having repeated Service High Voltage Charging messages and issues. A local electric vehicle repair shop has struggled to pinpoint the issue, replacing the sensor and topping off the fluid levels. But it's still happening, A LOT, even after "repairs". I began to notice some patterns I am wondering if they are contributing to the sensor issues? On a coupe of occasions I move my Volt out of my level garage and onto a moderate inclined driveway, and the Service High Voltage Charging warning would come on afterwards. I also left the charger in for day and half instead of usual overnight charging time, again, the Service High Voltage Charging message. The fluid levels and sensors seem to be part of the issue. I now want to purchase my own Senor reset gizmo and wondering which one do I need. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Re: inclined driveway
Was the system bleed? Text below is in the attached PI0961B

0.13. Upon completion of the Hybrid/EV battery pack coolant pump bleed procedure, adjust the surge tank coolant
level to the top of the label (1), by performing this procedure, — Drive Motor Battery Cooling System Draining
and Filling — Removing Excess Coolant From System in SI.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: inclined driveway
Was the system bleed? Text below is in the attached PI0961B

0.13. Upon completion of the Hybrid/EV battery pack coolant pump bleed procedure, adjust the surge tank coolant
level to the top of the label (1), by performing this procedure, — Drive Motor Battery Cooling System Draining
and Filling — Removing Excess Coolant From System in SI.
Thanks for this. Unsure if system bleed when the mechanics were working on it. I'll ask them. They did a lot, but unsure if a bleed was performed.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts