GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds like a random click as and, although I can't tell for sure, it sounds like it's coming from the button that opens the hatch from the outside. The dealer couldn't diagnose it. It comes and goes at random without any discernible pattern. Thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Clack

I think I have the same thing on my 2014. I would describe it as a 'clack'. It happens over medium size bumps. I've been experimenting lately and it seems to be reduced by closing the hatch harder than normal, making me suspect a problem with the latch. Try that and let me know if it makes a difference. I'd really like to fix this since it's the only noise in my otherwise perfectly silent car!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Check the black spacers on each side of the trunk door. You can rotate them to increase/decrease the space so it fit's better when the trunk is closed.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Check the black spacers on each side of the trunk door. You can rotate them to increase/decrease the space so it fit's better when the trunk is closed.
Definitely worth playing with those. Too "tight" and the hatch gets really hard to close. Too "loose" and those spacers/bumpers stop holding the latch against the shackle in the deck tightly, and a bump in the road could cause that to rattle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts