GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have come to terms that I will not be buying a 2011 Volt because of my geographic area. So with that I look forward for news on the 2012 Chevy Volt. Is it too early or does anyone have any interesting rumors, facts or tidbits of information circulating as to any changes (if any) to the next model year? :cool:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't know how interesting it is but I have pretty reliable information that indicates that the 2012 will have four, count them, four wheels plus a steering wheel! So maybe that should count as five wheels!

I'm sorry for the smart ass response but it's Friday and my long work week is coming to an end and, hey, I'm a smart ass by nature. (Insert smiley face)

But while I will be getting a 2011 Volt I too would like to hear about what they plan to do for 2012. I hope you get some good information from this thread but I would be surprised if we heard much confirmed information for the 2012 version before mid-summer.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Yesterday they announced the new infotainment system which will be an inexpensive option on the 2012 models. There is a thread on this started yesterday. Probably some other refinements and tweaks as well. Nothing earth shattering but all good.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything major, which would probably be held off until Gen 2. Just small tweaks until then, just like the normal car life cycle.

I just can't wait until we start hearing about the larger family of Voltec vehicles that will hopefully come sooner than later (e.g. a sub-compact, an MPV, mid-size sedan...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts