GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Volt seems to have reached the limit of its odometer at 99,999.9 miles as it has stopped changing. At least It appears that way as it had not changed in 30 miles. Is there a way to start it back to zero so I can measure miles driven?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Obviously the main odometer should not stop counting at that number, the trip odometers, maybe????? I don't know about that.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
There is a picture on the internet showing 400,000 miles on Sparky’s Volt’s odometer.

The Volt’s odometer displays full miles (no decimal). Are you sure you are viewing the odometer, and not a trip meter? They well may have limits. The Gen 1 energy usage display on the center console, for example, freezes when ev, gas, and total miles reaches 1,272 miles (some say it might be a limitation of the binary representation of the metric equivalent of that distance).

You could use the Select knob to the left of the steering wheel to change the units to metric. If it’s a meter display limit, perhaps a meter using km and not miles might have a different limit (does the km reading convert correctly to the miles reading?). Are the distances driven registering on the other meters in the car (for example, on the energy usage display)?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
my 2012 just rolled over 100k last week, so it does work.
Are you referring to the trip odometer?

·
Registered
13,664 Posts
Yes, that’s either the trip A or trip B odometer. I set one of mine for the beginning of when I owned the car (there were some test drive miles on my car when I bought it). I don’t understand why the trip odometer couldn’t show and extra digit. Mine has been stuck for years.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I don’t understand why the trip odometer couldn’t show and extra digit. Mine has been stuck for years.
It is after all, a trip odometer and trips typically aren't more than 99,999.9 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts