GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 volt just started running only on gas - even for an hour long commute. There's no engine lights/warnings, and I did not get the ERDTT warning.

I'm taking it in for service later today.

Has anyone run into this?

The 12v battery is less that 1 year old, and I've recently has the coolant fluid flushed.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
My 2011 volt just started running only on gas - even for an hour long commute. There's no engine lights/warnings, and I did not get the ERDTT warning.

I'm taking it in for service later today.

Has anyone run into this?

The 12v battery is less that 1 year old, and I've recently has the coolant fluid flushed.
The Volt only briefly displays the Engine Running Due To Temperature message so you could have missed it. What was the outside temperature this A.M. in Detroit? Unless you modded the outside air temperature OAT sensor by adding a resistor then chances are your Volt is operating as expected.

Also, the Volt's battery heater is electric and does not depend on the gas engine running. The waste heat from the gas engine running is used to provide heat for the passenger cabin so you don't need to use the electric cabin heater, what battery charge there is can be used to propel the Volt.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The Volt only briefly displays the Engine Running Due To Temperature message so you could have missed it. What was the outside temperature this A.M. in Detroit?
It was -5 F for my drive in this morning and barely made it to 16 F by about 3 PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts