GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my 11 Volt ( 00046 ) parked for 10 days, the 12 volt battery drained down and the trade in light ( check engine light ) turned on with a code of P1EAC . (Hybrid/EV Battery Cell Over-voltage Signal Circuit Performance)

I understand that the Powertrain hybrid control module 2 checks a lot of stuff when the car is turn on. After charging the 12 v battery and clearing the code. The car will drive normal until you turn it off. Then the code comes back at the next start cycle. I clear the code again and it drives normal all day again. no code until the next day repeat.

I have Two Volts 2011 and 2012. what do you think about me swapping the Powertrain hybrid control module 2 to see if the code goes to the other volt?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Based on previous posts, time for a new 12 volt battery. I believe an AGM leisure type is a better choice for the Volt than the starter type fitted, but the starter type was probably the only type in GMs parts bin. The leisure type have a flatter voltage output curve but a lower big amp kick to start an engine, not required in the Volt. So I believe it it would be no risk fitting one of the same dimension but it must be an AGM for fire safety. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Based on previous posts, time for a new 12 volt battery. I believe an AGM leisure type is a better choice for the Volt than the starter type fitted, but the starter type was probably the only type in GMs parts bin. The leisure type have a flatter voltage output curve but a lower big amp kick to start an engine, not required in the Volt. So I believe it it would be no risk fitting one of the same dimension but it must be an AGM for fire safety. What does everyone think?
Here in the US we call those marine batteries (for use with small trolling motors while fishing) or deep cycle batteries often used in pairs in emergency vehicles with lots of lighting and other 12V equipment. As long as it is a 12V AGM type battery and can can fit in the Volt it should be fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After having my 11 Volt ( 00046 ) parked for 10 days, the 12 volt battery drained down and the trade in light ( check engine light ) turned on with a code of P1EAC . (Hybrid/EV Battery Cell Over-voltage Signal Circuit Performance)

I understand that the Powertrain hybrid control module 2 checks a lot of stuff when the car is turn on. After charging the 12 v battery and clearing the code. The car will drive normal until you turn it off. Then the code comes back at the next start cycle. I clear the code again and it drives normal all day again. no code until the next day repeat.

I have Two Volts 2011 and 2012. what do you think about me swapping the Powertrain hybrid control module 2 to see if the code goes to the other volt?

I have the same problem. Did swapping the control module solve your problem?
Did you solve your problems by other means?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts