GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Your own clue :
try’s to start the gas engine turns over couple times and then says engine not available
The engine attempts to start, indicating MGa is working. Could it be as simple as a faulty fuel pump or crank sensor?...just a guess.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a question that may be silly or ridiculous, but . . . . . had to ask:

In your first post you indicated that you filled the gas tank, yet on the screen shot in post 18 the fuel gauge says "Low." Since the ICE does turn over but does not fire, it appears that the system is trying to start the ICE but is failing for some reason. It's the old three essentials: Air, Fuel, Spark. Is it possible that you have some sort of fuel system or fuel sensor malfunction? The symptoms you relate seem to be similar to what happens when the car runs out of gas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have a question that may be silly or ridiculous, but . . . . . had to ask:

In your first post you indicated that you filled the gas tank, yet on the screen shot in post 18 the fuel gauge says "Low." Since the ICE does turn over but does not fire, it appears that the system is trying to start the ICE but is failing for some reason. It's the old three essentials: Air, Fuel, Spark. Is it possible that you have some sort of fuel system or fuel sensor malfunction? The symptoms you relate seem to be similar to what happens when the car runs out of gas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ok I took the car to another Chevy dealer, they also said the motor in the transmission is causing it to not start, and quoted like $6000, should I get a junk yard transmission or car warranty and drive it on electric mode for a while, I’m wonder what a transmission shop will charge me to put a used on it, kinda on a stand still right now, thanks for the help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Your own clue :

The engine attempts to start, indicating MGa is working. Could it be as simple as a faulty fuel pump or crank sensor?...just a guess.
I filled it with fuel until it bubbled out, I don’t know why it says low good question

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I filled it with fuel until it bubbled out, I don’t know why it says low good question

Not indicating a full tank of gas might point to a failed fuel level gage/pump.
I’m not sure if there is a sensor that would flag that failure specifically. Someone with “the book” might look it up (hint, hint, Hellsop or Somms 8^)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
That's a bummer. Perhaps buying a "used" transmission from a totaled Volt from 2015 and earlier and having it installed by a local mechanic might be cheaper, if you want to keep the car.
Strange that there wasn't a code that specifically flagged a shorted motorA, or did I miss that (or doesn't one exist?).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I would do it my self but the high voltage I know nothing about , And I found a transmission for $800 that’s the cheapest on eBay. No mechanic in my neck of the wood will probably touch said one transmission shop

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
This video may give you some insight.

It's not going to give you a step-by-step replacement procedure, but, it's a start.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts