GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving from Sarasota to Tampa airport. The car gave me a msg "propulsion reduced". The engine light was on. The Closest Chev dealer was about 30 miles away. Airport same distance so to avoid missing my plane I went to the airport and plugged the car in (upon the advice of Chevy Service at Jim Browne Chevrolet in Tampa). Upon return I was advised that it might be the 12-volt battery so I replaced it at the airport a couple of days later. The car still did not start so I had it towed into Jim Browne Chevy. They told me that the following codes showed on the diagnostic test: P1E00 and P0AFA. They advised that the car required a total main battery replacement, but upon further inquiry, they said that it was one cell that was damaged. Parts cost $9000.00 plus $1200 labor for the entire battery, they will not replace only the damaged cell. Any help saving this car is appreciated. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.